Decision about ferrytrafic will be appealed
Torsdag 6. juni 2013 kl: 11:48
Groupe Eurotunnel to appeal the decision of the Competition Commission to prohibit the activity of French ferry company MyFerryLink
The Competition Commission decided thursday the 6th of June to prohibit Groupe Eurotunnel from operating a ferry activity from the port of Dover.
Groupe Eurotunnel will immediately appeal this decision which the group finds incomprehensible and seriously disproportionate. In reality this decision:
- Is not based on any concrete facts, but solely upon a random association of virtual hypothesis
- Restructures the maritime activity across the Straits of Dover into a duopoly, thereby disadvantaging consumers
- Prohibits access to a port, in total contradiction with the freedom of movement incarnate in Europe
- Deprives the Ports of Dover and Calais of significant revenues
- Ignores the ruling of the Paris Commercial Court linking the sale of the assets of SeaFrance with a requirement not to re-sell them for a period of five years and is in contradiction with the decision of the French Competition Authority.
- This decision by the Competition Commission will reduce the choice of services across the Straits of Dover to the detriment of the consumer. It will inevitably lead to an increase in the price of a crossing, says Jacques Gounon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Groupe Eurotunnel SA.
© Copyright 2018 transportnyhederne.dk. Denne artikel er beskyttet af lov om ophavsret og må ikke kopieres eller på anden måde videreudnyttes uden særlig aftale.
- Remondis expands its activities in Denmark
- Bolloré Logistics acquires Global Solutions in Denmark
- Police hit against iraqi illegal immigration to the EU
- Maersk and IBM to form joint venture applying blockchain to improve global trade and digitise supply chains
- Commission approves Belgian tax measures for maritime transport
- Council reaches agreement
- Six trade unions get together to defend the rights of truck drivers
- Bulk terminals have got a new voice
- Rickmers-Linie takes over Nordana’s Project Business
- World’s first operational road transport hybrid system is ready
- First cross-border truck platooning trial successfully completed
- GLS and DB Schenker begin parcel partnership in Germany